In Focus – SCCCU Blog
Stay informed about the Credit Union’s activities, plus get practical advice on a variety of personal finance topics.
Internet Safety Tips
To celebrate Internet Safety Month throughout June, we'd like to share some important tips to keep you safe online wherever you may be:
- Only use secure Internet connections to make online transactions with your debit or credit card. Avoid public Wi-Fi as you cannot control its security.
- Never click on a link in an email or download an attachment from someone you don’t know. And don’t download from any website that isn't secure. Look at the URL to ensure it has a lock or “HTTPS” in the title.
- Choose strong passwords for all your accounts – combine letters, special characters, and numbers. And avoid using familiar dates or names for your password, such as birthdays, anniversaries, children's names, etc.
- Protect all your devices with updated virus and malware software.
- Be careful who you meet online-not everyone is who they claim to be. Social media profiles are a popular way for hackers to become a cyber-pick pocket.