Official Sweepstakes Rules
SCCCU SOQUEL BRANCH GRAND OPENING
Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. The Santa Cruz Community Credit Union (SCCCU) Soquel Branch Grand Opening Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and located in the United States at the time of entry. Employees, managers, contractors, and directors of SCCCU (“Sponsor”), and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of this Sweepstakes, and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on Thursday, June 17, 2021, and ends on Thursday, June 24, 2021, at 2 p.m. (Pacific time) (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. How to Enter: There are two ways to enter The Sweepstakes:
a. Apply for an SCCCU Loan – Must fill out an SCCCU loan application for an SCCCU loan and submit it in person at an SCCCU branch or through the SCCCU online loan application.
b. Open an SCCCU Checking Account – Must provide the required documentation and identification to open a new checking account at SCCCU.
Upon verifying the loan application or opened checking account, an SCCCU employee will either fill out a raffle ticket with the member’s name, email address and phone number on it or ask the member to do so. All completed tickets will be entered into a drum at each SCCCU branch. The entry must exclude trademarks and slogans. The entry cannot be obscene, indecent, offensive, violent, hateful, or be against federal, state or local laws, as determined solely by the Sponsor. All decisions of the Sponsor are final.
4. Prizes, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) and Odds: One Apple® iPad. No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All federal, state, and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner. RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected on June 24, at 5 p.m. Pacific. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Arrangements for delivery of the Grand Prize will be performed after winner validation. At the Sponsor’s discretion, any unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
5. General Rules: All federal, state, and local laws apply. Winners will be notified via email. Potential winners (or potential winners’ legal guardian) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and a Publicity Release within ten (10) days of attempted delivery, or the prize will be forfeited. The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or any failure to respond to notices or return any documents promptly, as determined by SCCCU, may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be chosen. By participating, participants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Parties and their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, associates, attorneys, vendors, and representatives from and against any liability or damages associated with this Promotion or the acceptance (or failure thereof), use or misuse of any prize received (or failed to be received) in connection with this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the winner’s name and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity without further compensation unless prohibited by law and subject to the legal protections provided to minors. By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of SCCCU, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
The Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, damaged, incomplete, non-delivered, or postage-due mail; or for printing, distribution, or production errors or for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or by any human, or other error, which may occur in connection with this Sweepstakes.
If, in SCCCU’s sole opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, SCCCU reserves the right to void suspect entries and/or modify and/or terminate the Sweepstakes and/or conduct a random drawing to award the prize using all known eligible non-suspect entries received. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, entries will be declared made by the person’s name submitted at the time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Sweepstakes or acts in a disruptive manner.
Promotion is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the State of California. By entering, entrants irrevocably consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California located in the County of Santa Cruz for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Promotion.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, the participant waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees, or any damages other than the participant’s actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate in the Promotion.
6. Winners’ Notification: The Winner will be notified via email, and the winner’s name will be posted on the SCCCU website no later than June 25, 2021, at 8 a.m. Pacific.
7. Sweepstakes Sponsor: Santa Cruz Community Credit Union, 324 Front Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060, www.scccu.org.