Application deadline for upcoming terms: Friday, January 26, 2024
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is a volunteer group of members who provide strategic leadership for the Credit Union — a financial cooperative. The Credit Union’s chartered field of membership includes all of Santa Cruz County and the most northern areas of Monterey County. We prefer members of our Board of Directors to have a general understanding of finance, lending, and business organization. While the following is not required, they are all helpful when serving as a Board member:
- A personal focus on helping people
- Outreach with the purpose of ensuring economic opportunities for all
- Community involvement
- Local and regional economic and organizational participation
- Small business assistance and job creation efforts
- Understanding of economic development in Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties, such as agriculture and education.
Currently, the Credit Union has two open Board positions for 2024 and beyond.
The Supervisory Committee oversees the financial, management and Board oversight of the Credit Union to ensure and document the overall health and sustainability of the Credit Union. The Supervisory Committee is responsible for contracting with an outside audit firm to provide the membership with a financial review of the credit union annually.
Currently, the Credit Union has one open position for the Supervisory Committee for 2024 and beyond.
How to Apply for a Volunteer Position
To apply for SCCCU’s Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee:
- Write a letter to the SCCCU Nominating Committee, including the position you are applying for and the reason for your application.
- Send your most recent resume, and be sure to indicate any boards you currently serve on or have served on in the past.
- Complete the following application and submit all documents by Friday, January 26, 2024, to be considered for review by the Nominating Committee for the 2024 Spring Election.
The Nominating Committee is committed to finding a diverse group of candidates to fill the open volunteer positions at the Credit Union. A member of the Nominating Committee will contact you upon review of your letter, application, and qualifications. Additionally, a background check will be performed on all approved candidates before the election.
For ease, fill out and submit the online Volunteer Application below and then email your letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also mail them to Santa Cruz Community Credit Union, Attention: Beth Carr, CEO, 55 River Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060, or fax them to 831-425-4814.
If you prefer, please download the Volunteer Application here, fill it out, and submit it with your letter and resume no later than Friday, January 26, 2024.