The Benefits of SCCCU Membership
Welcome to Santa Cruz Community Credit Union! We’re glad you’re here, and we look forward to serving you. Our mission is to create social and economic justice for everyone. As a member of SCCCU, you’ll belong to an organization that genuinely cares about the Santa Cruz community and your financial well-being.
Becoming an SCCCU Member is Easy
If you live or work in Santa Cruz County or north Monterey County, you qualify for membership to SCCCU. Open a savings account or business savings account with a $5 balance, and you’re on your way. Get started here.
What It Means to Be an SCCCU Member
One of the most significant benefits of SCCCU membership is that once you join, you own a share in the Credit Union. That means every dollar you invest in SCCCU is reinvested in you in the form of higher deposit rates and lower loan rates. We exist to serve and help our members, and because of that, we offer products and services designed to support and protect each member’s financial well-being.
SCCCU Products and Services
We are committed to meeting the needs of all members of our community. That’s why at SCCCU you can open any account or apply for any loan with your ITIN.
Here are just a few of the many options available to you:
- Personal Savings Accounts – we offer a variety of savings accounts designed to help you save for the things that matter most. Get more details.
- Checking Accounts – you can open a low-fee checking account with convenient ways to access your money no matter where you may be. Get more details.
- Personal or Savings/Share Secured Loan – we offer low-rate loans to help you with the things you may need, giving you a safer and more secure option than payday or cash advance loans. Get more details.
- eMoney Pool – you’ll have the opportunity to participate in an eMoney Pool, which helps you build credit while saving for the things you may need. Get more details.
24/7 Access to Your Membership
No matter where you are or what you may be doing, you can manage your money. Here are just a few of the ways our members stay on track:
- Direct Deposit – deposit your paycheck directly into your checking or savings account, giving you a safer way to receive your pay and faster access to your money. Get more details.
- Online and Mobile Banking – you’ll have 24/7 access to your accounts using your computer or mobile device. Check your balances, deposit a check, transfer funds, make a loan payment, and more, from wherever you may be, and whenever you’d like. Get more details.
- ATMs – you can make cash withdrawals, check your balance, and more for free at any SCCCU ATM or an ATM that has the CO-OP logo on it. Get more details.
Your Financial Safety and Security is Our Priority
All member deposits are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF). NCUSIF is backed by the full-faith and credit of the United States Government, up to at least $250,000 per account, with additional coverage of up to $250,000 for certain retirement accounts. Not one penny of insured savings has ever been lost by a member of a federally insured credit union.
You can check out all the benefits of SCCCU membership by continuing to review our website at your leisure. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 831-425-7708, or stop by one of our branches
. Please note that most of our employees are bilingual, so whether you call or stop by our branch, we’re there for you.
We look forward to serving you in the future!